Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The High Museum of Art

If only I had a digital camera that wasn't broken...
Today, my roommate Ashley and I went to metro Atlanta to the High. I'm taking an Art History Survey class, and we have to write a 2-3 page critique on a work of art. We got extra credit for going to the High, and I love it and hadn't been in years upon years anyway. Needless to say, I took the offer, paid $15 for entrance, $8 for parking, and $10 for food later... whoops. Anyway, it was amazing. They had an exhibit from the Chinese Teracotta Army, an exhibit from the Louvre, and some really fascinating permanent collections. I was able to take a few pictures, and I'm trying to decide which one to write about. Opinions? oh, and yes... the 2nd one is an ORIGINAL Monet, one of two they had. :)
it was so much better in person... and is definitely one of my favorites of his.

this last one i've seen before several years ago when it was part of a traveling exhibit. it's an homage to a painting by Whistler called "Symphony in White" i believe. it's actually the small thumbnail picture next to me. i had so much fun... good day in atlanta. good day.

in other news, i have new tires... merry christmas kristen! hooray. good thing too, because it's been raining for the past few hrs. i love the sound of the rain. it's one of my favorite sounds. i probably love it more than the sound of the ocean. yep. i think so. well, i have a looong day of class, break, class, class, and inventory at eddie bauer ahead of me tomorrow, and i should have been asleep hrs ago. i get credit for being in bed though right?

sweetly dreaming of rain drops and paint drips until next time...

No comments: