Monday, February 23, 2009

le oscars

I have to say, I was so quite pleased with the Oscars this year. I think this is the first year that I've sat down and watched it start to finish. It was quite lovely, and I thoroughly enjoyed the different feel they went for this year... with the stage, the intimate seating, the orchestra on stage, the crystals, just everything. oh, and hugh jackman was loverly. i had no idea anne hathaway had THAT much of a voice in her. i was a little sad not as many original songs were performed. they were all clumped together in one performance (which was cool albeit). I've made it a new life goal to see all the oscar nominated movies (besides shorts and documentaries) from this year. They all look exceptionally good. I've seen some of them, but since I'm a poor starving college kid (and not living at home where my brothers work at a movie theater and see stuff for free), it's been a slight problem. haha. I'd already heard great things about Slumdog Millionaire, and I knew it would do well, but I still havn't seen it. That whole cast/crew just won me over. They were so cute. Best Actress... best group of women ever. Kate Winslet = my favorite actress of life, so I was really happy about that. Obviously, it was very touching to see Heath Ledger receive an award, especially because that makes him only the third posthumous oscar awarded. All in all, a glorious night for Hollywood. It made me miss california. Lets see, I also had my first choir concert with North Georgia today. It went well on our part. It was a choir "festival" with a few other church choirs which consisted of very sweet older men and women... so there wasn't much to be said for the level of excellence, but they sang their hearts out, which was sweet. Unfortunately, I had to deal with "dress debacle '09"... I don't feel like getting into the whole story, but lets just say my dress was too small in several places... including 10 in. too short.....
yeah.
she'll be remaking that in a jiffy.
other than that... just another week in the life. i should definitely go to bed though. you know it's late when your contacts are fighting to stay in your eyes.
furiously reading until next time...

No comments: