Saturday, November 8, 2008

bobby: with whom i'd had high hopes

sooo. i don't think things are going to work out with bobby. I've told some of you this already in previous conversations, but I went on my date with bobby last night, and I just don't think I'm feeling it. Don't get me wrong, he's a really really sweet guy. Kind of to a fault. he apologizes for things that aren't his fault, he feels a little too clingy already, and he's kind of... simple minded. plus we have absolutely nothing in common besides the fact that our favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip. i mean... at dinner he had 5 or 6 beers, he doesn't do anything besides eat, sleep, exercise, and work at the hall county jail from 7pm-7am... graveyard shift. he has two tattoos on either arm. one is BARBED WIRE and the other is a TRIBAL BAND. really? that was literally an instant turn off. he asked permission to kiss me in the movie theater full of only 3 couples including us before the scary movie i'd picked even started... so cliche'. i politely declined. i feel guilty, but at the same time, i don't regret the decision. if that makes sense. the way i see it, if i've waited this long for my first kiss, i should want to kiss he guy back... not just kiss him so i will have been kissed before. what's the value in that? i probably have my standards set too high, but i'd like to save myself unnecessary heartache and or trouble by avoiding this situation. i don't see bobby and i going anywhere in the future, so i would be kissing him solely to kiss. period. that's not good enough for me. if my standards are too high, then so be it. i'll just be waiting a while longer. since i havn't experienced it before, i don't know what i'm missing... so it's a lot easier to go without. haha. so yeah, this past week of talking to bobby has taught me a lot. i may not have gotten my first kiss, but i have had a first and second date, i've been actively and sort of aggressively pursued by a guy so now i know what to expect, and if nothing else, i got a really nice confidence boost. bobby's a sweet guy, but he's not the guy for me.
p.s. the indians lost their final football game of the season 35-17. they put up a good fight, but had a lot going against them. i'm so proud of my surrogate brothers... i almost cried watching them cry as they left the stadium for the last time. thankfully the night ended on a happy note. everyone went straight to mcdonalds and stayed until they kicked us out. :) oh, and tomorrow i'm working at eddie bauer for the second time (i'm excited) and then going to atlanta with erin for a girls night with ashley at georgia tech! she's come to visit us so many times in dahlonega, so we definitely owed her a trip. plus i've never been to atlanta by myself as a college student. it should be fun. don't worry, i won't get crazy. :)
until next time friends...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your standards are NOT too high! You deserve the man of your dreams my love!
He'll show up eventually, I promise!

xoxo

retro said...

agree. ! keep your standards where they are at and dont budge for anything less. i love you