Monday, January 19, 2009

so far so good.

school's been pretty good so far. i have two asian teachers, and a teacher from argentina, so the language barrier is always a joy... but other than that, i'm just happy to be a student again. i've been working a fairly good amount at eddie bauer (plus my measly 4 hrs a week at steamers), so i'm staying pretty busy... which i love. i almost tried out for Bye Bye Birdie at the Holly today (an old historic community theater in town), but I realized if I got it, it would be like working another part time job, and would be cutting into hrs that I desperately needed at work. So, hopefully I'll be able to audition for something this summer, because I would love to get back into acting again. It's something I've always loved doing, but it's been put on the back burner as of late. Something that hasn't been on the back burner is singing. I always sing, but being back in an organized choir is especially nice. Plus, Patrick is going to film me singing/playing a few songs this weekend that will eventually make their way to youtube per request from my mother and her friends (who hardly know what youtube is). haha. According to them, "I'm going to get famous." we'll see about that. ;)
In other news, I've found the study abroad program I desperately have to be a part of. It's a trip specifically for Art majors through UGA that goes to Cortona, Italy. Cortona is a picturesque Italian village located on a hilltop in Tuscany, that has been home to said study abroad program since 1969. The second I saw the website, I knew I had to go eventually. There are still some pre-reqs I have to get out of the way since I'm so far behind in the Art major (color theory, and 2 & 3D design), but I'm hoping to be able to go atleast by Fall of '10, since it'll be a while before I graduate. haha. well, I have world civ and art history in the morning, and I'm supposed to be reading Huckleberry Finn for amer. lit... so I should probably stop blogging at 2am and be a student. :)

Sipping Chai until next time...

No comments: