Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm expecting...

No, not a baby silly. My car Sport should be gracing the east coast with his presence hopefully by tomorrow afternoon. I am desperately awaiting his arrival, as he has been my closest companion and most trusted male confidant for the past 4 years. He will be arriving with a newly patched front left tire, which I'm quite certain he's very thrilled about, and a trunk-o-stuff for me to distribute throughout my lovely abode. Sadly, he will be "sporting" a california tag that expires this month... so that could be potentially problematic, but other than that, he and I will both be generally overjoyed to see eachother again. My only hope is that the delivery man decides to come before 2:30 or after 7pm, as I will be working between those hours. If Sport hasn't arrived before I have to work, I'll most likely call my boss and tell them I can't come just so I'll be prepared to meet Sport at the drivers earliest convenience. Needless to say, I'm quite excited. :)

In other news, I rented "Smart People" last night and watched it today at mi casa. Unfortunately I was quite dissapointed with the movie all together. It wasn't able to capture or hold my attention in any sense of the word, but I felt better that I only paid $1 to watch it via "Red Box Movies" at WalMart (the greatest invention in movie rental history). The only catch is that you have to return the movie by 9pm the following day or you will be charged for another day's rental... that's where they getcha. So my friend Madelyn took me to a bible study tonight, and afterwards I requested to stop by W.M. to return said boring film. Much to my dismay, by the time we reached the store, it was already 9:20, so I was charged $2 whole dollars to watch one of my least favorite films of all time.

Needless to say, if it weren't for the laughter I shared with my roommates after being taken home, this day would have been a total bust. haha.

Until next time...

No comments: