Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tommy Emmanuel and Anthony Snape

Look them up.
Mom and Dad went to their concert (Anthony opened for Tommy) night before last, and they both agreed it was the best and most entertaining concert they'd ever been to. I looked them up on youtube, and was amazed by Tommy's guitar playing. Apparently he was one of the first (if not the first) guitar players to play percussion rhythms on the guitar. He also has probably the most full and rich tone I've ever heard a guitar produce. Simply incredible. Anthony Snape is an up and comer from Australia, who's just starting to get recognized in the U.S. His guitar skills don't match up to Tommy's (I'm sure not many do), but he has a pretty unbelievable voice. I was pretty blown away. Anyway, look them up, be amazed, and enjoy.

P.s. Erin came home from visiting family in Kansas today, and I picked her up from the airport. It's so good having her back... and having a car. I think this is going to be a good week. Much to do, for certain, but that's how I roll.
until next time.

No comments: