Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Athens

So today is my friend Barbara's 21st birthday, and last night, her boyfriend Jeff planned a surprise party with all her friends at his house since she had her party already planned for this evening. I made the trip down to Athens last night even given the gas scare, and decorated Jeff's living room before everyone came over. The best part is Barb called while I was at Jeff's to make sure I was coming into town today in time for dinner and salsa dancing. Little did she know I was already in athens waiting to surprise her. So being the amazingly sneaky person that I am, I casually asked what her plans were for the evening, made up excuses for what I was doing and when I would arrive today, etc. Needless to say, everyone showed up, and we scared the crap out of her. haha. She had no idea. Being as I have been scared half to death in a similar fashion during the "Fare Weller by Helen Marie McBride" Party, I could totally relate to her horrified expression caught on camera. Needless to say, it was still just as funny. After that, we decorated her car, and went from room to room trying on dresses for this evening. We're going to dinner at this organic restaraunt, to the Wesley meeting, and then salsa dancing at "The Library" (a very cleverly named club downtown.) I'm pretty excited. :)
And Barbara loved the scarf I made her, so all is well.
My only worry for the week is making sure I have enough gas, and finding a way to get to the football game friday after work. I'm working thurs, fri, and sat nights... so i'll have a LITTLE more money in my pocket.
until next time...

No comments: